Sweet enough for the kids, sophisticated enough for the adults and easy enough for mom, this recipe is a keeper! You can skip the suggested vegetables or add in whichever you prefer.
- 1.5 lb chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 Spanish onions, diced
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup fresh string beans
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons mustard
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cut chicken breast into 2-inch strips and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add chicken strips and cook 5 minutes. Add vegetables and cook an additional minute.
- Add honey, mustard and soy sauce. Cook for another 8 minutes or until sauce reduces and clings to the chicken.
- Serve hot over rice.